What do we all look like

CNN Sport

What is this storage?
"Ed, did you hear about the gate over at Storage Forum Forum today?"

"No, Dave. Big crowd, was it?"

"Just the opposite, Ed. There was no-one there all day, bar the linsemen and the ball-boys."

"Must be Thanksgiving, Dave."

"Oh, and the Bartender, of course."

"Tell you what, what's say you and I mosey on over there and see if we can't cheer the place up a bit. It's a darn shame to see that fine old place sitting empty."

"Good idea, Ed. In fact, we could invite everyone, make a party of it."

"Let's do it."

Ekaf-Ami

What is this storage?
Please excuse temerity of humble self arrive in this beautiful place without invitation, but did someone say party? I am most party kind of person!

Hot domestic canine! Let us roll!

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
CNN Sport, that is entirely unfair. SteveC, PeeWee, Coug, Fushigi, Handruin, Buck and myself (and probably some I'm forgetting) all posted yesterday. There were people here, just not much to say.

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net
Thank you for your offered assistance Tea and Grammar Police. Herr Polizei calmed down and shouldn't be a problem for the remainder of . . . uh . . . my weekend. Mercutio is right, people did stop by, but the traffic was minimal.

Mubs, a double Scotch is coming right up.

Oh, and Tannin, I didn't realize that parties revolved around your presence. :)

Ekaf-Ami

What is this storage?
With all proper respectful to the gentleman (who is surely nice person in own personal particular) who cares where Tannin is? Is party, yes? Let's hop!

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
The Grammar Police said:
While technically I am off duty, should my services should be required at any time, Bartender, I am at your disposal. Just say the word.

When you're off duty, are you allowed to make grammatical make mistakes? :D

Jake the Dog

Storage is cool
afaik, Mark is the seniormost and at the other end of the scale, isn' t Tim the juniormost? (to the newcomers; these are 'P5-133XL' and 'timwhit' respectively)

talking about names and nicks, who prefers to be called by their name and who by their nick? it doesn't bother me personally either way. btw I'm also Tim to those that don't know.

Dozer

Learning Storage Performance
Website
planetdozer.dyndns.org
My real name is Bill, and I'm referred to by that name in most professional/family circles. But my circle of friends refer to me by my hard-earned nickname, Dozer. Dozer is a nickname bestowed on me because of my size, and my tendency to plow through things (woods, water, and anything else in my path :) )

While I have met few of you, I consider you all to be online friends, so, by all means, call me Dozer.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Jake: no pics. I'm behind the contraption with a lens most of the time. I don't own a digital camera or scanner, and don't have access to one. I look like, well, an older guy with a big nose. They say ears and the nose are the only parts of the body that never stop growing. As you get older, the rest of your body actually starts to shrink, but these two keep growing. I got a headstart with my nose (superchargers are standard equipment in the family!). I wear glasses. 40% of the hair on the head is white (there ain't no gray hair really); 65% of the beard (when it shows) and 35% of the mustache are white as well.

Groltz: Maybe I'm not the seniormost then! My respects and salutations to Mark.

Dozer: Thanks for explaining. Paints a pic of you as a very active, energetic person. The other (wrong) impression would have been of a sleepy person, one who dozes a lot?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Bill (Flagreen) is oldest (early 50s?), actually, but he has been around much in his original nick.

Koggit, Bill's son, is probably the youngest person who has posted here, but timwhit is the youngest "regular".

I generally go by one nickname or another. Being "Mercutio" here is just like any number of other things I choose to be called in preference to my given name.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Both Bill and Gary are older than Mark (who is younger than Tony too, but not by much IIRC).

Tea, at five years old (or maybe 6 now) is by far our youngest regular ;-)

I'm somewhere between Tea and Bill, but somewhat closer to Bill...

I though Jake was your real first name. We learn something new everyday.

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
CougTek said:

No kidding. I thought Jake was the real first name too.

I prefer to be called Steve by folks that I post with regularly.
"Groltz" is not any part of my real name, just an impersonal forum handle that I have be using for years now.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
I have been blessed (hint of sarcasm) by my relatives with the nickname Buck and am now even referred to as UB by the younger ones. Other family members have nicknames too; leave it up to a few kind members of your family to make things confusing. :lol:

As Coug pointed out, Tea is our youngest member and she doesn't seem to be aging (how strange). The Bartender has been at 39 for years, and doesn't seem to be aging either, but I suppose that is why Tea and him have a decent friendship. The OT:polizei on the other hand is in his late fifties and needs as much rest, alcohol, and food that can be afforded (less food than anything).

Ekaf-Ami seems timeless in his age too.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Dozer said:
UB...reminds me of one of my favorite movie quotes from none other than Uncle Buck:

"Buck Russell, Molely Russell's wart."

Yes, I see the picture has become more focused for you. :D UB is not an arbitrary nickname.

iGary

I only just now saw this "old" thread. It's definitely pretty hilarious!

Groltz said:
mubs said:
Looks like I'm the seniormost citizen here!

We have at least a couple of quinquagenarians in our ranks. Are you sure?

Yes, I'm afraid that Flagreen and I are in the 50-year-old range.

Jake the Dog

Storage is cool
Groltz said:
CougTek said:

No kidding. I thought Jake was the real first name too.

I prefer to be called Steve by folks that I post with regularly.
"Groltz" is not any part of my real name, just an impersonal forum handle that I have be using for years now.

meet the real Jake:
68.jpg
:D

Explorer

Groltz said:
Platform said:
All 7 of me believes that 7 iz enuf.

Entirely understandable. If you change your mind you might also consider the user name "Army_of_One" :wink:

Well, I know you mean "Army_of_One" figuratively, but literally -- it sounds too redneck, and the underscores seem to... ahem... emphasise the redneckedness.

Whoa! There's actually NINE of me now!! I don't even know myselves anymore! Oh well, too late now... heehee (yoikes!).

• d0baba593d0b20b0caa50.jpg
    [list:bbb36160d8]
    d0baba593d0b2185ecd2d.jpg
    [list:bbb36160d8]
    d0baba593d0b20f7cf86a.jpg
d0baba593d0b213bc5c2d.gif
[/list:u:bbb36160d8]
d0baba593d0b205a55745.jpg
  • 8ba9a63d3d471a515a597.jpg
d0baba373d19c4e6b1434.jpg
[/list:u:bbb36160d8]
d0bb8e953dde2d85a8a81.gif