What do we all look like

Jake the Dog

Storage is cool
Taken a few weeks ago: myself holding our now 6 weeks old new addition, Cale. His due date is tomorrow actually!

calendad.jpg

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net
Welcome!

We have four new Storage Forum members so far this new year. We look forward to your participation, if you are so inclined. If not, a warm welcome just the same.

Drinks on the house for our members.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm slightly better looking than my avatar.

If I figure how to work my digital camera.....

Bozo :mrgrn:

Computer Generated Baby

Learning Storage Performance
It's an air-cooled Titanium Itanium with 512 MB L1, 512 GB L2, and 512 TB L3 caches.

In this photo, they have the computer powered down so that Groltz can add hypnotic flashing LED arrays to make it look sexy.

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
Handruin said:
How many pounds of arctic silver does it require? :mrgrn:

More like arctic gold or platinum...After all, that is a Rolls Royce product you see me standing in. :wink:

Groltz

Handruin said:
Is that a private plane? How common are Pratt & Whitney's these days?

It is a private plane. We have two of them.

Pratt engines are more prevalent on US-owned 757's I believe. When I worked at United airlines, all the 757's had PW2037 engines.
I went to a recurrent training class at Delta airlines last year and learned all their 757's have the PW2037 engines too.

Handruin

Administrator
Who are the big players in commercial & private jet engines, is it mostly P&W because of the number of 757's? Who else makes engines these days, GE? SAAB? Just curious if you know off hand.

Groltz

Handruin said:
Who are the big players in commercial & private jet engines, is it mostly P&W because of the number of 757's? Who else makes engines these days, GE? SAAB? Just curious if you know off hand.

GE, RR, and Pratt are the 3 big ones that i know of.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Handruin said:
A slight digression from this thread, but somewhat related:
Crosswind Plan landings. I don't know if it's legit video, but if it is, it looks cool.

I expect that it is legitamate. Not to far from me is the Ontario airport, and during our severe offshore winds, that is how they land. I've seen UPS planes coming in at that angle, and because the crosswinds were so strong, the couldn't keep the plane on the runway. They would immediately take off again, and were eventually re-routed to LAX.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
No kidding, Buck. Some planes in that video were landing at such an extreme angle, correcting seconds before touchdown, can you imagine the lateral forces on the wheel assembly and what would happen to the tyres? Sheesh! I'd think it would be better not to land in those conditions but to be rerouted elsewhere.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
me.jpg

Picture was taken Monday night while I was hanging out at my ex's place. It's probably the first picture of me that's been taken in the last six or seven years. The dog is a lab/greyhound mix named Penny (the, er, inappropriately-shaped thing in the background is her favorite toy) who generally thinks I'm her personal jungle gym. I was coerced into holding still for the picture by promises of inappropriate public displays of affection to be named later by my friends.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I usually have a bit of grey hair at my temples but I just had a haircut a couple hours ago, so there's probably not enough to see.

Handruin

Administrator
All these years I've always associated you with the bill gates - pie in the face avatar. Now we know what you look like! I'm glad you felt you could share.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Handruin said:
All these years I've always associated you with the bill gates - pie in the face avatar.
Me too! The real Merc is way more good looking than his avatar. Thanks Merc.

And there are two puddy tats in the background.

Groltz

Younger looking than I expected, too.

I'm surprised that you posted it. I thought you were in the same boat as me in avoiding public internet viewings of one's picture.

ddrueding

Fixture
Thanks for sharing guys. I know it's silly but I like to have a better feeling for the people I spend so much time chatting with.

Damn..that means I better find one as well....

me.jpg

I'm seem to always grimace when I'm outdoors, even in China's...erm...filtered light.