>500GB Drives

ddrueding

Fixture
LCDs are another product with a long, complex supply chain that has, at least once a year, been convicted of price fixing or other market manipulations.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Several companies, including LG, Sharp and Hitachi have pleaded guilty to price-fixing and agreed to pay out more than $890 million in fines, the AP cited the filing as saying.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I thought I beat him to it with a similar comment back in March. :reindeer:

LunarMist

Now here is the Samsung 640GB 7200 RPM drive. It is a bit noisier than 5400 RPM drives, but cool. STR is the highest I've seen yet in a notebook drive.

LunarMist

Now here is the Samsung 640GB 7200 RPM drive. It is a bit noisier than 5400 RPM drives, but cool. STR is the highest I've seen yet in a notebook drive.

LunarMist

750GB is barely enough for two weeks of stills, not to mention videos. I could use 1TB+ drives of the 9.5 mm height variety.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Do notebooks actually need drives this big?

Yes. Mine has 30GB of free space. Granted, a lot of that is music that I just want to carry around but there's 118GB of system images and another 40GB of virtual machines.

It adds up.

LunarMist

Yeah, and it is a Seagate so the reliability is really questionable nowadays. :beye:

Stereodude

Not really a
Here is a cheap 1TB drive. How can I know for sure if it uses the advancing format?
Use the Google to find the product page. :smack:
New design elements of the MKxx59GSM series drive include Advanced Sector Format technology, which utilize the industry standard 4K byte-per-sector configuration and improved error-correcting code functionality to enhance data integrity while making more efficient use of the storage surface area.
The Samsung's don't and were the same price last week when I bought mine.