Empire in Decline

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
It's no secret he was probably perpetuating the "stop the steal" lies to use the office of US President to grift. He does have about $400 million in personal obligations coming due not long after leaving office. This is going to put a damper on that:

time

Storage? I am Storage!
I found this article at The Conversation most illuminating:

QAnon tattoos

So essentially, these right wing terrorists/trump militiamen are nazis that have replaced swastikas with more subtle symbols. I find it interesting that religious nutters, antivaxers, climate change denialists, and various other conspiracy theorists all seem to be drawn together under this white supremacist banner.

fb

Storage is cool
I found this article at The Conversation most illuminating:

QAnon tattoos

So essentially, these right wing terrorists/trump militiamen are nazis that have replaced swastikas with more subtle symbols. I find it interesting that religious nutters, antivaxers, climate change denialists, and various other conspiracy theorists all seem to be drawn together under this white supremacist banner.
Unfortunately the nazis all over the world likes to disgrace the nordic gods and destroy the symbols for ordinary people. But the interesting part is that the nationalists are cooperating, like when Steve Bannon traveled to Europe to help in the EU elections (it wasn't successful... that time), and the leader of our "Swedish democrats" party said yesterday on national TV that he still would prefer to see Trump as president of USA. (They got +20% of the votes in the last elections - and will probably grow in the next one.)

And more on the white supremacy theme:
Trump also uses a good old Hitler tactic from day one: Lügenpresse (the lying press) or Fake News as Trump like to say - to undermine the media and own "the truth" yourself.

fb

Storage is cool
This is not good:

And Airbnb's actions against DC is causing some problems, but nice of the politicians to help their voters.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Thankfully no drama today in DC or at state capitols by Trump supporters. Trump is gone, Biden is President. The national nightmare is over, finally. Maybe now the US can try to earn back some of the respect it lost over the last four years.

fb

Storage is cool

Newtun

Storage is nice
I doubt that Donald Trump will ever recant his delusion that he won the election "by a landslide". He will continue to endlessly assert that the election was "stolen", despite the many recounts, futile right-wing partisan "investigations", and baseless/evidence-less lawsuits that were laughed out of court.

Unfortunately, he has plenty of buddies in the Billionaire Boys Club that will help fund his future re-attempts to overthrow the U.S. government, and many fascist 1611179177035.png storm troupers to try to assassinate any officials that dare to question his Big Lies.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
I briefly turned on OANN. They weren't even covering Biden's inauguration. Instead, they were touting the accomplishments of Trump's term, with Rudy Giuliani stating that historians will eventually see Trump as one of the best Presidents ever. Honestly, if I didn't know any better, I would have thought it was satire. Sadly, the reporters there actually believe the drivel they spout.

sedrosken

Allergic to Sunlight
I actually didn't catch the inauguration, I'd meant to earlier this month but my grandfather (blood clot after a brain bleed caused by a fall out of bed in a hospital stay for a stroke, not COVID-related) passed on Saturday and his funeral was today.

I was, however, glad to hear of no issues in DC or state capitols -- I wasn't thinking about it at the time but going into it this morning I honestly thought someone might attempt to assassinate him. I was mildly surprised when on my way home (I wasn't driving) I thought about it and checked the news to see, to my relief, more or less business-as-usual.

Newtun

Storage is nice
I doubt that Donald Trump will ever recant his delusion that he won the election "by a landslide". . . Unfortunately, he has plenty of buddies . . ., and many fascist storm troupers to try to assassinate any officials that dare to question his Big Lies.
Here are a couple of articles that actually gave me some hope that The Donald won't rise from the grave to terrorize us again:

‘A total failure’: The Proud Boys now mock Trump

QAnon in crisis as day of reckoning fails to materialize

I wasn't going to quote from those articles, but I couldn't resist this one:

"We all got scammed, you caused us all to lose friends over this charade,” posted one member of a QAnon discussion group created a few days after the Capitol riot. “Now we all sit with egg on our face.”​

About that last phrase, and the saying that "revenge is a dish best served cold", perhaps that dish should be called Eggs Benedict Arnold. 😉

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Well, I think I mentioned somewhere that the day Trump's followers turn on him will be the day he regrets he was born. To paraphrase him, these are very bad people. Not the kind you want pissed off at you.

DrunkenBastard

Storage is cool
Actually, a cop was murdered, death #5. And the order came from your president.
Any violence against authorities should be prosecuted to the maximum extent. Shameful actions there by a few.

Show me where Trump said to act in a violent manner? The Capital violence was already getting underway while Trump was still giving his speech.

Heres what Trump said in regards to the march:

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

Then at the end:
"So we are going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue — I love Pennsylvania Avenue — and we are going to the Capitol. And we are going to try and give — the Democrats are hopeless, they are never voting for anything, not even one vote — but we are going to try to give our Republicans — the weak ones because the strong ones don’t need any of our help — going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country. So let’s walk down Pennsylvania Avenue."

His speech went on for a while so perhaps I missed some violent insurrection comments?