Actually my cat is claiming Trump lost the election because the Democats had fake ballots with Biden's name trucked in. The Republicats supposedly turned out in record numbers. That might be most of Trump's votes. Easy for him to please cats. Just promise them a warm bed, a place to poop, and a full food dish.I hope the cat did not sneak out and voted as a dead person (or a dead cat?) That might explain why Trump supposedly ended up with 70 million votes?
This is the most amount of effort I'll give OAN, it's like Tucker Carlson++:That post needs a warning label on it like Twitter and Facebook have resorted to.
- The 'CCTV' is actually publicly broadcast webcams, provided so that everything inside can be observed by anyone who is interested.
- Anyone can observe in person, provided there is room and they don't interfere with the officials, but it is not an entitlement.
- The 'desk' is not a desk per se but some sort of open cupboard where they keep the papers. You can see workers fetching bulk papers from there while the observers were still there - it clearly isn't a hidey hole but the place where they are supposed to be kept.
- The Secretary of State's office confirmed that they had an official observer there while this was happening - remember that the Secretary of State is a Republican.
- It is manifestly untrue that officials could not explain what happened. Also, the director stated beforehand that he expected counting to continue past midnight. Don't forget that they were under the pump thanks to COVID staff losses and restrictions, as well as having to deal with Trumpers setting out to obstruct the counting wherever possible (that sums up Trump's entire reelection strategy).
- But the elephant in the room is the fact that Georgia counted all the votes three separate times, once entirely by hand. Surely the most checked and reliable count in the whole USA?
- Isn't OAN that misinformation channel that YouTube sin-binned for a week, demonetized and issued a strike against for claims that endangered public health?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_America_News_Network#cite_note-41The channel is prominent for promoting falsehoods and conspiracy theories. On November 24, 2020, YouTube suspended and demonetized OANN's channel for one week as a first strike under its three-strike community guideline violation policy, for falsely claiming a COVID-19 cure.
Let me play Devil's Advocate for a moment. Let's ignore everything time wrote, let's assume those were all "fake" ballots filled out for Biden, and let's assume there were enough of them to flip the state of Georgia. So what? Biden still wins the election, except he wins 290-248 instead of 306-232.Actually in Georgia it appears some significant fraud has been caught on CCTV at the State Farm Arena tabulation center, on election night.
Around 10.30pm the supervisor announces that counting will stop for the night and resume at 8am. The GOP poll observers go home (they are entitled to be there by Georgia law when ballots are being counted). Once the poll observers have left, she and four others that remain pull out containers from under their desks and proceed to scan in thousands of ballots till nearly 1AM, while unsupervised and without witnesses.
Fulton County officials couldn't explain or justify what was going on in the video when asked about it on Thursday.
Ok, in your hypothetical, how many states would need to be fraudulently won before you would accept that it had affected the overall race?Let me play Devil's Advocate for a moment. Let's ignore everything time wrote, let's assume those were all "fake" ballots filled out for Biden, and let's assume there were enough of them to flip the state of Georgia. So what? Biden still wins the election, except he wins 290-248 instead of 306-232.
My point is that it's really a stretch to make a case to prove there was enough fraud even in one state where Biden won by a relatively slim margin to flip the results, never mind to do so in enough states to change the election results. And it works both ways. If you're going to start claiming fraud, then you'll need to apply the same standards to every county in a state, not just the ones where invalidating votes would be in your favor. If they want to claim signatures were invalid, then start checking signatures in the poll books for those who voted in person as well.Ok, in your hypothetical, how many states would need to be fraudulently won before you would accept that it had affected the overall race?
At this point if they're going to vote for candidates like Trump it's better if they don't bother voting at all. It doesn't say much for the people who voted for him that think he's a good representative of our country. I've heard that a stable democracy depends upon an educated voting base. When you hear Trump supporters being interviewed, especially the ones who think covid is a hoax, or the election was rigged, it's painfully obvious they're as dumb as posts. Probably half his supporters had to sign the ballot book with an "X". We should really have minimum educational levels a person must attain before being allowed to vote to keep obviously unqualified morons like Trump and GOP Q-Anon supporters from getting elected. There should be even higher qualifications in terms of IQ and education for anyone who wants to run for public office. The US is an idiocracy in no small part due to masses of idiots being allowed to vote. Sure, they'll vote one of their own in, but that's obviously not in the best interests of the country.I agree on the big lie conclusion, but asking people not to vote? Makes little sense to me.
I actually stayed up until Trump was declared the winner. On the one hand, I was worried but hoped Trump might grow into the role (obviously he didn't). On the other, I was no fan of Hillary Clinton, so it wasn't like I was so sad that she lost. I was actually singing "Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead" after they declared Trump the winner, but overall I hated both candidates.I went to bed on election night 2016 thinking Hillary had it in the bag, and resigning myself to more of the same, only to feel like I slipped into the goddamned twilight zone the next morning when I heard the words "President-elect Donald J. Trump." Well, going forward, I feel like I've got to keep myself open to all outcomes, because I mean, there've been so many 'end of the road' moments for him and they never actually were.