Firefox 9.0 is out (SeaMonkey 2.6 as well)

ddrueding

Fixture
If you already have Firefox 4.0+, just go to "File->About" and the latest version will start downloading immediately if you don't already have it.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
FFS, why would I want it? So I can break some more plugins?

I notice that despite the reputedly amazing windfall from Google, Mozilla is still begging for donations. WTF are they doing with all that dough? The whole business smells like a giant scam - the ragtag Mozilla 'suite' sure as hell didn't cost hundreds of millions of dollars to develop and distribute.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Mozilla has a lot of projects besides Firefox, and most of them don't have any ability to generate revenue.

I use the nightly tester tools to keep my addons in line. There are two addons I use all the time that weren't ever updated for Firefox 2.0, let alone anything newer.

I think Mozilla achieved the end they were after. I no longer care about Firefox version numbers.

Handruin

Administrator
I haven't had a Firefox add-on stop working because of a new release since version 5.

Same here....except even before version 5. It may just be I don't use enough plugins or the right plugins to make this a concern for me.

Handruin

Administrator
FFS, why would I want it? So I can break some more plugins?

I notice that despite the reputedly amazing windfall from Google, Mozilla is still begging for donations. WTF are they doing with all that dough? The whole business smells like a giant scam - the ragtag Mozilla 'suite' sure as hell didn't cost hundreds of millions of dollars to develop and distribute.

I'd guess they pay engineers to maintain their infrastructure and they also pay for equipment and bandwidth. I can't say it costs millions, but it must cost something.