Folding@Home

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
e_dawg said:
Boo! Cliptin is getting better at FAH because he is converting his UD machines to FAH! Traitor! :)

I was running UD on a machine about a year ago. But then I started to smell something. It smelled like Intel. I said no way am I going to let Intel smell up my house. It turns out the smell was only a precursor to the heinous stink found in the P4-UD combination.

e_dawg

Storage Freak
:) Please tell me you're running an AMD system.

Anyways, the Pande group has done nothing to impress me so far and United Devices has done nothing to violate my trust, so I have no reason to revoke my CPU cycles from the unfragrant Intel-associated cancer research project.

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
e_dawg said:
:) Please tell me you're running an AMD system.

Anyways, the Pande group has done nothing to impress me so far and United Devices has done nothing to violate my trust, so I have no reason to revoke my CPU cycles from the unfragrant Intel-associated cancer research project.

C3 all the way baby! I'm lick'n' my chops just waiting for that new proc from the Centaur team.

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
I'm back from a two week vacation.

First of all, great work Cliptin! Lead the way!

Raven is a friend of mine that I got to do some crunching, he's using a P3 600 I think.

Back to work....

SteveC

Storage is cool
Congrats, Cliptin!

I just upgraded to the latest F@H Electron Microscope, and something went wrong, causing me to lose about a day's worth of time. It crashed, and when I restarted it, it couldn't find the work unit and had to start all over.
I'll be adding a P4 2.53 in a couple of days, so it'll be interesting to see how fast (or slow) it crunches.

Steve

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
Thanks for the kudos everyone. This means anyone can be a supastah. It won't last forever though. I probably only have a month or two left.

I don't know it the group running the folding operation is the same group that was running the genome operation but the project doesn't seem as well managed. Like bugs that were fixed in an earlier core reappearing.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Looking at the Stanford statistics for our team, it is commendable to see Kristi in the sub-20 rank consistently adding points - thanks Kristi.

SteveC

Storage is cool
Protein p180_enghomeoGB:
Duron 850@935 - 13m57s per frame
P4 2.53 - 11m47s per frame

The P4s really are horrible at folding, but otherwise it seems very fast so far.

Steve

Handruin

Administrator
SteveC said:
Protein p180_enghomeoGB:

The P4s really are horrible at folding, but otherwise it seems very fast so far.

Steve

Are you serious...2 minutes and 10 seconds difference between a duron and a PIV 2.53 per unit! How many units total for that protein?

SteveC

Storage is cool
Handruin said:
SteveC said:
Protein p180_enghomeoGB:

Steve

Are you serious...2 minutes and 10 seconds difference between a duron and a PIV 2.53 per unit! How many units total for that protein?

It actually should be 11m17s per frame for the P4. I timed how long each machine took to do 3 frames, and took the average. The P4 has only been up for a couple of hours, so it hasn't finished a full WU yet. What do you mean how many units total for the protein?

Steve

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
Handruin said:
How many units total for that protein?

It's a 100-frame protein/500,000 dynamic steps.

I'm crunching on one right now. A quick glance shows that I'm taking 7m 17sec, or so, per frame.

----Steve

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
While I'm browsing on the Net, working on Office app and viewing pdf documents and such simultaneously, I'm doing a step of the same protein in ~9m30s on my Athlon XP 1600+, which cost quite a bit less than a P4 2.53GHz. For @home projects, Athlon rUlEz.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
What I've noticed is that not only is there a preferance of AMD compared to Intel, There is also a preference for specific WU's over other WU's. The question I have is how can I choose the WU's assigned to me?

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
Have we given up the ghost or at least started slacking-off? Look what AusTech is doing They will be beating us around 9/13 or so and team MacRumors is now keeping pase. Who's going to pass us next?

StatsMan

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
As if I have any right to complain about others folding performance with my one machine computing vs people with lots and lots.

Sol

Storage is cool
My performance should have gone up the last couple of days, I can't sleep with my PC on so I just didn't sleep and left it goin 24/3 :)

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
F.A.H. STATS

Team stats sorted by weekly total: (SF is 27th overall in weekly output)
Table9.gif

Member stats sorted by weekly total:
Table10.gif

We now have 5 teams behind us that are outcrunching us and will pass by in time. :-?

"0.00" total for 10 members this week :-? :-?

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Well, we have several dealers who are a part of SF. WHich one will offer a free system?!

Heck, I have already done my part offering free motherboards and cpus ! :p

C

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
Clocker said:
What about P5's old P5-133XL?

Don't we want to give away a working computer? More to the point if we are to give incentive for someone to belong to the team (beyond just association with our group) don't we want to give something they are going to want like a dual Athlon machine rather than a useless 133 Pentium that won't fold worth beans.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
My crunchers are turned off at the moment. It is 101 degrees fahrenheit with very high humidity. I turned off almost all of my electrical items and turned on the AC. I can't wait for winter, summer sucks. Where is that next ice age they've been talking about!!!

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
It is, unfortunately, our last day in front of team Xtreme Systeme. We've given a good battle, but now it's lost.

Sad.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Back in Rome! 8)

I'll be returning results with F@h and LigandFit after a long long time...
Do I need to update to the latest version F@h? I'm currently using v3.01

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
You don't need to, but of course your chances to avoid problems and maybe obtain slightly better performance are better with the current release. If you feel guilty about it, I still run the v3.00 on my Linux box, although both Winblows computers are using v3.1

Handruin

Administrator
I just updated to the latest today and it seems fine so far. My linux box is still at 3.0 like Cougtek. I noticed there is a newer version for linux however, it's version 3.12. it may not be that new...I haven't looked in a while.