It's HOT

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Temps here in Pa are expected to hit 100+ F today.
Glad I'm inside in the A/C. :cool:

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
The dash in my car read 37°C this afternoon. I think it's a bit higher than it truely was, but I'm sure it was at least 34°C. At 11pm, it is still 30°C outside.

The Elsemere island looks like a great place to spend my two weeks vacation at the end of July.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
It depends on your definition of necessary. Species have existed for millions of years without HVAC. I've lived in many climates including some that have only heat or only AC and some that have a rather stable temperature in between.

However, I'm very temperature sensitive, preferring 22-24 °C and 15-25 %RH, depending on state of attire. Below 20 °C everything aches and above 26 °C my brain functions are reduced. Over 30 °C and I am fried, especially at >40% RH. The AC is on 100% of the time in my vehicles, regardless of the outside temperature or whether it blows hot or cold to maintain the environment.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
You'll hate NYC summers then, Lunar. The RH rarely seems to get under 50%, with 70% and over being normal. That makes things sticky and uncomfortable even if temperatures are only 20°C, which they rarely are in the summers. We hit 102°F ( 39°C ) last Tuesday. I think RH was around 40%. Totally awful day. Even at night, it didn't drop much under 85°F. 45 minutes on the bike and my T-shirt was soaking wet. It felt like I was in :diablo:. After sweating like a pig for the last two weeks, even with A/C on, I've developed a pretty nasty rash around my neck. It's gotten a little better after using hydrocortisone cream. With this weather, I'm just as trapped in the house as I might be if it were -20°F outside. At least with the cold, you can always put on more clothes. Even start naked in this weather, I would melt.

I totally hate summers and hot weather with a passion. Can't wait for some nice snow on the ground.

LunarMist

No doubts there. ;) As mentioned above, I've been to many locations throughout the world. I was stationed in tropical climates for a year straight (well inside Tropic of Cancer) in my younger days. :viking:

LunarMist

It is 38 °C inside the computer case. I wonder how much it can handle later in the day.:sunny:

LunarMist

I'm on the secondary system now. Despite the 4.2 GHZ it runs cooler since there is less in the case. It's 82 °F in this room. I still have 13,500 or so RAW files to convert and I don't want to kill anything.

Stereodude

Not really a
CPUs all have thermal throttling / thermal protection built in, so as long as the case is reasonably well ventilated I wouldn't worry about it.

You can use something like CoreTemp or RealTemp to monitor the thermal sensors on the die if you're really worried about it.

LunarMist

The case is from 2001 and has two 80mm fans. :( It's rather dirty, yet not quite a biohazard. :bomb:

LunarMist

Burning hydrogen would be hot, but it is 77 in here now.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm dying right now in NYC. About three weeks so far of unrelenting heat and humidity. It's really the humidity which makes these kinds of temperatures unbearable, and it doesn't get much better at night. I just came back from an 80 minute ride soaking wet. :x

ddrueding

Fixture
The humidity has been pretty bad here, too. Today it was 80F with nearly 60% RH. Enough to make stuff sticky, and leather seats uncomfortable.

Gilbo

Storage is cool
So hot... Damn you Canada. Freezing me in the winter, baking me in the summer.

It's 11PM and it's 29C and about 100% humidity.

ddrueding

Fixture
Some parts of Canada are like Moscow; hot or cold with perhaps a week in between. 30+C last week, with high humidity, and it will be like that until late August, and snowing by late September.

LunarMist

I'm too hot now here and it will be worse later. It may be time to shut of the main computer and use a notebook.

LunarMist

I would have expected that from Santilli, but now from you.

I don't recall the reference. Personal comfort is one thing, but a computer crash is serious. It can't take a shower to cool off. :)

LunarMist

It's 80°F in here. Someone may have to do an RDU in a couple of days. This sumner is killing me!