It's HOT

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
It is 82 °F in this room now :( and the main computer is 35/52 °C with no loads.

Newtun

Storage is nice, especially if it doesn't rotate
Sauna Sali gunleri tam gun bayanlara ozel, Pazar gunleri tam gun erkeklere ozel Sauna Florya Flowers Healt Club 0212 662 77 77 Giris Ucreti 30 TL
Yes, much of the south and midwest in the U. S. is having a heat wave, and indeed feels like a Sauna.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
It's hot at Vostok too - relatively speaking.

I confess I didn't realize such harsh conditions existed on this planet. If you read through the linked Wikipedia entry, you'll find out what humans have to deal with there.

Lake Vostok is another surprise - straight out of Jules Verne's imaginary world inside a world.

LunarMist

It was 93 degrees in my apartment last night at 11PM. With the computers turned off. All of them.

My God man, that's inhuman! You could have a heat stroke. :rambo: Why don't they fix your A/C?

ddrueding

Fixture
Yesterday it was 101F in my attic, even with the fan on, even though it was overcast. Couldn't work for too long before the mask clogged with sweat and had to be changed out.

LunarMist

That's not bad if it is not a storage area. Perhaps you could put a temperature controlled ventilator in there if needed.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
My God man, that's inhuman! You could have a heat stroke. :rambo: Why don't they fix your A/C?

The unit is not big enough for the space I have, but it's the standard unit for my apartment complex. I'm not allowed to change it. I just leave it off and put up with the heat.

I'd still rather rent than own a home.

LunarMist

Sure, but I thought there are building codes that spec A/C performance. Are you in a really old construction?

I have a very old A/C but on the hottest days it is not more than 76°F at the thermostat. Normally I keep it at 73, though the west-facing workroom gets warmer in the afternoons and when there are several computers running. When it gets over 77 I start to become uncomfortable. I would die at 93. :(

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
My comfort zone is similar to Lunar's. Anything much over 75 I hate, especially with the high humidity typical of NYC summers. I generally let the thermostat keep the room at around 70, although I've been known to go as low as 55 when I'm in the mood for cold. Can't wait for fall.

LunarMist

You have a 55 °F room temp in the summer? That must be costly. :eek:

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
You have a 55 °F room temp in the summer? That must be costly. :eek:
Once in a blue moon I might do that, generally towards the end of the summer when I'm getting sick of the heat. Usually I use the excuse that I'm testing the A/C's cooling ability. :diablo:

ddrueding

Fixture
That's not bad if it is not a storage area. Perhaps you could put a temperature controlled ventilator in there if needed.

I have a 600CFM fan up there (about 5k cu.ft.), but I was wiring it in at the time. It'll be much better once that is running and set for 75F.

Handruin

Administrator
Aside from yesterday and today, it's been in the 88F range inside on the first floor the house. The only place we have an AC right now is the bedroom on the second floor. I can deal with the heat during the day/night, but I sleep much better when it's cooler, so we have a small AC in the bedroom only. I've stopped my folding@home for a bit because my office has been in the 90F range. I just don't spend any time in the office now due to the heat.

LunarMist

While sustaining a temperature of 93F is worth of mention, I would not go as far as calling him a God man for it.

Sorry; it is an exclamation. I normally avoid them, but forgot myself on this rather casual forum. Maybe I need to be more serious here.

LunarMist

They do so wear pants or skirts, etc. :p
In the summer I do take off most clothes indoors, but that is not what I meant by casual. :D

LunarMist

Well I have another issue there, but it deserves a separate thread.

LunarMist

Is it cooling down? Someone claimed on the radio there was another heat wave coming to the US.

LunarMist

Erogenous?

Perhaps I should have used a different word. I was thinking to type ZIP code, but I'm not sure if everyone outside of the country knows what that means. The ZIP code replaced the postal codes (Zone Improvement Plan) back in the early 60s. In the old days there were only the short number codes.

Now I'm carbon dating myself, but the phones were also short back then. There was a two letter code (rhymed with a word) before the main number so you only had to dial five digits for the most local numbers.

LunarMist

I hope it cools down soon. I will be ~in your neck of the woods on Tuesday.

LunarMist

Yes, it is at high altitude and a bit further north. It gets quite cold in the winter. There was ice all over the place when we were there in March one time.