Something Random

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Yes, don't know what my mental block is with that word, I really botched it on [H] forums.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
I just remembered my subwoofer was plugged in for those baseline readings. That thing puts out a lot of standby heat too.

New standby numbers for just the networking stuff and phone.
55watt, 82VA, .66 PF with .67 amp

does anyone make a power strip that has a remote turn it on?

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I just remembered my subwoofer was plugged in for those baseline readings. That thing puts out a lot of standby heat too.

New standby numbers for just the networking stuff and phone.
55watt, 82VA, .66 PF with .67 amp

does anyone make a power strip that has a remote turn it on?

Something like this?
:D

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
I know you meant it as a joke but I'm actually thinking about it. Anyway I laughed.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Not sure.

My building was sold to a magnet school at about this time last year. The school didn't do due diligence to find out that some of the space in the building was already occupied and leased. The school believes they have full use of the building. We've been paying rent to the school. They claim that we owe utilities that aren't part of the terms of our lease, which runs another four years.

I guess the law-talking guys reached an impasse and now they're just going to evict us with the idea that we can't afford the legal action to deal with it.

Mercutio

I don't know. My boss finally did come in to the office, so at least I don't have to be the one who has to deal with the sheriff.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
I was at a client once when they were served. None of the management was there and when I called them they wanted me to accept them. Not only would the sheriff (who was a very nice laid-back guy) not let me accept them he would not let the owner accept them. Apparently when you establish a business one of the official positions who's name I can remember is the person who has to accept the notice. The owner had made random Admin assist that business position. Crazy.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
As I understand it serving papers isn't a civic duty so whomever is serving them must hire the guy.

Really sucks to hear about your place of employment being served merc. Do you think he will move to a new unit or would that be the last straw?

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
I was at a client once when they were served. None of the management was there and when I called them they wanted me to accept them. Not only would the sheriff (who was a very nice laid-back guy) not let me accept them he would not let the owner accept them. Apparently when you establish a business one of the official positions who's name I can remember is the person who has to accept the notice. The owner had made random Admin assist that business position. Crazy.

No 3 day notice period to vacate Merc? If it helps my oven caught on fire today (5 mins after turning on to pre heat) and I had to use the dry chemical fire extinguisher on the bastard after the flames continued once I turned it off. Windows open to vent with -6 windchill outside. Time for a convection microwave. No lasagna tonight.

Mercutio

Well, after talking to the sheriff, what he has is a notice to vacate, which is somehow different from an eviction, and he couldn't actually give it to me, because I'm not the person indicated on the document.

Personally, this doesn't affect what I do very much because most of the classrooms where I teach are off-site anyway, but having to move will be disruptive to everyone else.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Not sure.

My building was sold to a magnet school at about this time last year. The school didn't do due diligence to find out that some of the space in the building was already occupied and leased. The school believes they have full use of the building. We've been paying rent to the school. They claim that we owe utilities that aren't part of the terms of our lease, which runs another four years.

I guess the law-talking guys reached an impasse and now they're just going to evict us with the idea that we can't afford the legal action to deal with it.

I believe a pre-existing lease supersedes any sale of the building itself. Should be a simple matter for the judge to decide.

Mercutio

There's some things going on. Basically my company is impeding the use of a quasi-public school that's basically been set aside for the residents of two wealthy local communities, and the former owner of the building is a politically well-connected dickbag.

As I understand it, the case on its merits is an open and shut thing, but the school has basically said they'd rather pay lawyers to make us move than pay us to leave amicably, and if they're paying lawyers, we kind of have to pay for them too.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if there's some kind of country club drama going on at some level between all the principle actors in this, but that's not the level I get to see for myself. In the end the deal is that the school, if it's going to offer classes next year, needs the space we're presently occupying, and they're not willing to pay to make us go away.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Well, for what it's worth, I have nothing to do this weekend. If you have name and addresses, I'm both cheaper and more effective than lawyers, even if you pay my transport.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
On second thought, scratch the above. I just remembered that now you need a passport to enter U.S.A. and I still don't have one.

Handruin

Administrator
I didn't get mine until about a year ago and that was for entering Canada/Quebec. I'm glad I have it though, because now I can cross the boarder for some french fries and gravy.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
I think there are some farm roads between Montreal and NH you can use. Otherwise key words with the border guards are "business meeting" I have found to get a minimum of hassle.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I even know a few of those roads, but the problem is that it's still written "Québec" on my car's plate. That's like a big red flashing neon for cops and I risk being arrested for next to nothing and if that happens and I don't have a passport, I'm in the shit.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I even know a few of those roads, but the problem is that it's still written "Québec" on my car's plate. That's like a big red flashing neon for cops and I risk being arrested for next to nothing and if that happens and I don't have a passport, I'm in the shit.

Is it that hard to get a passport in Quebec?

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life

Most cars parked at stores have plates on them. Take a set off a disgusting blue minivan with the kids stickers on back, you know they won't notice for weeks.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Cheaper, but up to twice as slow as the US (officially 6-8 weeks)?

Australian passport charges - extortion at nearly 3 times the cost of Québec, but turnaround is 2 weeks. Another $100 brings it down to 2 days.

Unfortunately, I have neither Micropolis drives nor an intimidating physique. :(

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I had to rush my last passport. Several thousand dollars not including the flight to Washington DC. But got it in 4 hours ;)

Really thinking ahead, were you? ;)

Any adult should certainly obtain and maintain a passport IMO. Once you have one the renewals are usually straightforward.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Weather is crazy this year in the US. Anyone ever mistake the entrance with the rental car due to the snows? Then the car is stranded with the curb between the front and rear axles. :(