Something Random

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Hey, I kinda like that funky brick-shaped vehicle Merc drives (or drove?). There is a certain practicality...

Handruin

Administrator
It's the yuppie, frou-frou car thread. :duck:
I should start a thread about real American cars, truck and SUVs. Give me a big block V8 with a good blower any day of the week.

It doesn't have to be your type of car and you can contribute to it if you want, but given the judgement and labeling, I suspect it's not worth your participation. Feel free to start a new car thread on American cars, trucks, and SUVs.

Handruin

Administrator
And of course it's Friday night and we're all on here. Don't you people have women to pay attention to?

I just was paying attention to her moments ago as she carried the kitten in to say hi. Now I'm going to get a coke zero and hang out with her.

Handruin

Administrator
Hey, I kinda like that funky brick-shaped vehicle Merc drives (or drove?). There is a certain practicality...

It is. I'll even acknowledge it's a function good vehicle. I don't have any hate towards it. I helped an ex girlfriend even buy one several years ago.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
The confident Element driver is that rarest of man; one who who exudes confidence and virility, yet also the gentle patience of a devoted lover.

Handruin

Administrator
The confident Element driver is that rarest of man; one who who exudes confidence and virility, yet also the gentle patience of a devoted lover.

This is not the same man I would have known or identified a few years ago. Good for you!

Handruin

Administrator
But she is an ex-girlfriend. I'm sure that purchase was a key decision in your calculation to call things off.

Kind of like the chew and screw situation...with the latter meaning to get away. She ended up leaving me. Maybe it was for the poor choice in vehicles. Hard to say. I need to go get my coke zero now.

Stereodude

Not really a
Well, this is pretty dang fancy...

[video=youtube;ZDuxWGHA-Z4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDuxWGHA-Z4[/video]

Its even got a blown V8 for Lunar. :rofl:

LunarMist

It should be hitting higher up to mimic the famous Edgerton image. I wonder if Apple will sue? :D

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Had my last exam today for this semester at Uni... Basically blew the exam... used the wrong formula on the Reinforcement Learning questions (used SARSA instead of Q-Learning, which butchered the Q table), and may have stuffed up the Polar to Cartesian co-ordinate formula! (yes, yes, I know it's simple, but I think I mis-wrote it on the exam paper). And I know I got some of the questions on Gradient Descent Rule in Neural Networks wrong... The rest I was confident on, so I know I will pass the exam, but not as well as I hoped.

So 4 weeks off, and then back at Uni for another 4 months! (Got two project based units, a software development unit, and a security unit on computer forensics).

PS. Also thanks to B3 and H for the help/ideas on Pattern Recognition, I got full marks on the related project.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Excuses, excuses.

I guess you can't all be Element drivers like me.
Unfortunately for your ladies. Who don't get to be Element riders.

Was that too subtle?

I call my XB the 'Toaster'. My wife calls it a 'Chick Magnet'
I guess 'Rubic Cubes' (Elements) could be classed the same.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I don't know what a top gear is but actual lady (including stripper) feedback indicates that my car makes them more interested my wang.

ddrueding

Fixture
Went out for a ride. Took a nap. Had an awesome dinner including a Chilean Merlot and bread pudding made out of cinnamon rolls. About to take another nap.

With a schedule like this, I don't really have time for posting...

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I've been helping a friend build a staircase all weekend. It includes a nice curve 6 steps down and spans a wood burning fireplace. Only 5 more steps to go.

LunarMist

I consumed well over a kg of chili today. Three hours later and I am feeling awful. :(

Handruin

Administrator
I was in New York City over the weekend for family stuff. Traffic sucks in that city, but that's about the same as saying water is wet. I saw a woman in a BMW 3 series clip a semi truck right next to me as we tried merging just after the toll booths onto the Massachusetts turnpike. We were only going 5-10 MPH, but the sound was epically horrific. The metal bumper on the semi was bent 90 degrees forward after the lady clipped it. No one was hurt, but I'm sure they both had a miserable evening dealing with the BS.

Stereodude

Not really a
So I found out today an electric leafblower works pretty well for drying a car after washing it. It definitely cuts down on the amount of toweling necessary. Earplugs are a must though.