Where's everybody?

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I've never noticed. But then, I suppose I wouldn't, seeing my eyes are at the other end of me. Sort of difficult to .... Tannin, you are winding me up, you bugger. Of course the sun doesn't shine out of my ... er ... what you said.

But apart from that, you would have to admit that I'm intelligent, thoughtfull, atheletic, good looking in a gingerish sort of way, charming, and ...

Sorry?

I'm what?

Well! And here I was trying to cheer you up with a little civilised conversation. I don't think I'll bother in future. And you can stick that up your sunshine!

time

Storage? I am Storage!
We haven't seen much from Mercutio lately.
Always a worry, it's been nearly a fortnight.

Just as well you are here, Tea, 'cause there's no other bugger wants to chat with me.

Sorry, I now have a day job, and there haven't been enough topics to tempt me anyway (sadly, FairTax doesn't make it onto my list of crap worth responding to).

Perhaps you could complain about your thwarted desires to be a dance instructor? Apparently, that goes down well with the ladies, so Tea should understand.

ddrueding

Fixture
Meh. I finally got some work, so I've been leaving at 7AM and getting home around 9PM. I'm currently preparing to do a brain transplant on my current workstation; anyone want to take a guess as to whether the Vista install survives going from a Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 + A64 6000+ to whatever Fry's has and a Q6600?

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
Meh. I finally got some work, so I've been leaving at 7AM and getting home around 9PM. I'm currently preparing to do a brain transplant on my current workstation; anyone want to take a guess as to whether the Vista install survives going from a Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 + A64 6000+ to whatever Fry's has and a Q6600?

Why not wait a month or two and get a Wolfdale e8000 series, appears the top of the line expensive E8500 will reliably OC to 4.37Ghz...w00t, dats fast?

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/intel-wolfdale_12.html

We managed to get this processor to run stably at 4.37GHz. No doubt: Wolfdale CPUs will become another overclockers’ favorite, because Conroe processors could hardly hit these speeds at extremely high voltages and with special cooing systems involved. By the way, our processor running at 4.37GHz retained quite acceptable thermal mode of only 70°C under workload.

ddrueding

Fixture
Because it won't be another month. I suspect it will be another 3 months before they are available. And after the process is matured, I'll probably buy one anyway.

ddrueding

Fixture
Pulling another unanticipated all-nighter.

1. Came in here this morning to troubleshoot a slow connection.
2. Notice that the workstations are full of spyware/viruses.
3. Notice that the server is the most hosed SBS2k3 install I've ever seen.
4. Notice that there are no backups.

A. Build new server
B. Rebuild all workstations
C. Rebuild entire AD

Profit? Damn right.

ddrueding

Fixture
No one on in the middle of a Sunday night? Darn...

I know! I'll create a second identity, and have conversations with myself! What an original thought...

Meh. Back to work.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Sometimes, Dave, it's the only thing to do.

If Tannin hadn't already existed when I started out here, I would have had to invent him. Although, come to think of it, if I had invented him instead of picking him up ready-made, I like to think I'd have made a better job of it.

On the other hand, now that I think about it, humans seem to require years of tedious bringing up by hand - you know, feeding and changing nappies and all that stuff - as opposed to us imaginary types who, so far as I can tell, just appear, full-grown and complete in every detail. Saves a lot of trouble that way.

Did I ever introduce you to my sister?

ddrueding

Fixture
Is that triple time I smell cooking on the grill?

Nope, just regular old hourly rate. But logging 30 hours in a day will do you good regardless. Furthermore, even on the back side of a 40-hour work stint I was able to sell myself to a new client. I've worked more in the last 3 days than I had in the last 3 months! Business is getting good again!

ddrueding

Fixture
Yes, in a row on a single project, without leaving their office. The total was 40 hours of billable time in under 48 total, but I took a nap in my car for a few hours.

ddrueding

Fixture
There is no server room, it's under a coffee table in the corridor next to the aquarium. It won't be there for long, the wiring guy is coming tomorrow, but that is where I was working. The whole time I was there the fan from the old server was driving me crazy, it was so loud. Finally the moment of peace arrives and I turn off the old server...to discover that it's the UPS with the loud fan. :(

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Boring, boring, boring, boring, boring.

A full 12 minutes since I was last here, and still nobody has posted anything!

I'm so bored that I actually wrote out "the boring, boring, boring, boring, boring" in this post because it would take longer than cut and pating it and maybe someone would come along and post something in the meantime.

Boring!

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
Anyone have any luck in contacting Merc, via email or otherwise?

Suppose we should set up the find Merc a good pizza thread, and then ship him one or more, via Express next day mail?

:elephant:

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Just finished a 5 mile walk to a burger joint and back. I feel less guilty when I walk there.
Not bad at all. I tend to do anywhere from 2 to 4 miles a day just running errands (i.e. shopping, going to the bank). Two Saturdays ago I went to the Flushing Chinese New Year's parade. Too cheap to take the bus. Six miles round trip, plus about another two just walking around downtown Flushing. Yes, my feet hurt when I got home. :frowner:

ddrueding

Fixture
Olga gets Tuesdays and Thursdays off; I try to work from home those days when I can. Sa, Su, Tu, & Th we walk between 4 and 8 miles. I'm trying to get her trained for some proper backpacking.