Where's everybody?

Explorer

Learning Storage Performance
Wavemaker, we don't need you making waves around here. There are many refugeees from that SnorageReview place that prefer the peace and calm of StorageForum.

[Edit]

What is this storage?
ddrueding said:
What would you prefer to talk about? I've been spending the last 2 days reading up on residential heat pumps and insulation technologies...

I know the subjects well (R factor, heat flow, etc.).

iGary

Doug,

I'd like to report the possibility that someone out there is using multiple personalities in this forum.

Computer Generated Baby

Vawemaker = Corvair???

Umm, Yes I think so... (if Corvair == CougTek)

Corvair == Wavemaker == [edit] == at least 5 others.

Why? As in why bother with that many nicks?

Yep. Pretty stupid. I think he/she/it has about 8 aliases or whatever the hell you call them. Anybody that has that many aliases should be banned from the forum.

...just my 2¢

Nuff said.

.Nut

This is completely nuts, but, then again, so am I!

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
What's all this talk about mere light bulbs? Has StorageRev... er... StorageForum come to this?

HDs have become boring since SATA and SAS is not popular with the home users now. I suppose there will be more interest in storage when SSDs become less expensive and everyone uses them for c: drives.

For sure this place is not SR ca. 1998 when we were arguing about the merits of the 14GXP and "large" 9.1 GB SCSI drives. ;) Drives aren't the bottlenecks to overall productivity they once were.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Gary, it's all your fault. You're not here most of the time, and the odd time that you are, others aren't, and you end up having conversations with yourselves :cool:

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Not a single post in 11.5 hours. Weak people, weak. Now I don't have anything to read with my morning cookies.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Not a single post in 11.5 hours. Weak people, weak. Now I don't have anything to read with my morning cookies.
Been busy with work-related stuff the last two weeks. I'm amazed I had time to post what I did. I'm really tired. Assembling 500 LED regulator boards with 16 parts each will do that to you. Ugh, that's 8000 little parts I had to put into place. :mad: Well, after the next batch of 500 I'm doing a redesign with about half the parts. It should make things much faster.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Been busy with work-related stuff the last two weeks. I'm amazed I had time to post what I did. I'm really tired. Assembling 500 LED regulator boards with 16 parts each will do that to you. Ugh, that's 8000 little parts I had to put into place. :mad: Well, after the next batch of 500 I'm doing a redesign with about half the parts. It should make things much faster.

You're also supposed to be designing a better bike light...

ddrueding

Fixture
I'm cleaning. We went to a Christmas party last night, we're going to another tonight. My sister might be visiting next week, and we haven't done a real "top to bottom" cleaning of the house in 6 months.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Brendan is taking up most of my free time although I did have time to set-up a Windows Home Server beta on a spare machine with a variety of old drives in it. Pretty cool setup and it works perfectly. I may get a production version at some point when my beta expires. I'm looking forward to Feb. I will be taking the entire month off from work to be Mr. Mom (FMLA) when Shan goes back to work from her 12 weeks off.

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
No one has been out in the last minute/days shopping insanity before Christmas? Traffic in the city here in lala land is painfully heavy, all the stores parking lots are jammed to capacity, Best Buy is like the day after sales (anyone going to any 4AM after Christmas or New Years sales?) and everyone but everyone is a total A-hole, bad tempers, rudeness, for lack of courtesy...well at least here in my town Christmas spirit is alive and well, and giving it to yah, lol :D.

Well that's because you haven't been visiting the correct sites, lol. Like oh, I dunno, PerezHilton.com. Hasn't trailer trash, dumber than Jessica Simspon causing her pro-quaterback b/f to 'fumble' on the field, 16yr Jamie Lynn Sprears baby annoucment tickled your morning fancy, lol? Or Jennifer Love Hewitt's really bodaciously thick booty & thighs telling People mag everyone needs to stop calling her fat, cause she's a healthy size 2, lol? Umm, me thinks she should try measuring not her brain size, but perhaps get a new prescription so she can read the 1 before the 2 on the clothing she's buying :D.

In quite possibly the most depressing news of the year (and I would scream out a very loud, if it weren't for the fact that I've only just now got the tiger by it's tail, in finally starting to get over this wretched cold virus...though as you can see I still can't think straight ;). Huh, what do you mean you can't tell any difference btw my normal rants :smack:

the worst news of the year as I let out a symbolic, while coughing:

NooooooooooOOOh!
Trailer trash, who cares, but not Jessica!!! *snif* *snif* *snif* ...whaaaaaaaa :(

http://www.egotastic.com/entertainment/celebrities/jessica-alba/

That ain't the way to do it (for jtr, this is a classic Dire Straits/Sting 'Money For Nothin' song reference), That aint' working, and you get your chics for free. Save up some money, got on tax deductible business trip (fly business class!) to Hong Kong contract for usual Chinese manufacturing from a trade show, to make your circuits down to just a few programable IC's like the HDC flashlights, via typical exploitative slave/dormitory labor, get a billion made for pennies on the dollar, bring home cuttie Cantonese/English speaking wife, that's the way you do it!

Meh, no 200lm/w LED's yet, better to ride during the daylight hours anyway, at night cars just mow you down like bowling pins. Besides, jtr should get some clipless pedals 1st, mountain bike, Time or Shimano recessed cleat type, with semi-ridgid soles that flex enough to walk comfortably for a good distance incase some potholes or accident requires some distance walking.

I am working. I was working. I will be working.

You're doing so on Christmas day? Why not go visit that Chinese restaurant you mentioned you had a good meal at in Chi town aways back, should be open...well at least most Chinese restaurants around here are open on that day, New Years too- kind of like a tradition for Jews to visit Chinese restaurants on Christmas day, except on those two days they are even more jammed than Chinese NY's.

SR, Ernest Borgnine, who won an Oscar for portrayal of a desperate 34yr bachelor in the movie "Marty", is 90yrs old and still going strong, much stronger than my younger parents who are on their last legs (but seemingly not much worse off that Paul Newman, according to the tabloids at the market).

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
I'll do that after I build a better mousetrap. ;) Hopefully now that the work stuff is winding down for a few weeks I can do a few fun things like the bike light. I need a brighter light more than ever for those rides on cold, dark winter nights.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I've managed to do quite a bit of working. It's all contracting stuff, so I am at least getting a payday out of it.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I save some project type work until the end of the year, when I have time off to deal with things. I upgraded backup systems, did Vista and Office upgrade counseling ("no") and installed internet monitoring software. I have a client that's seriously looking at Linux as a desktop platform instead of a round of desktop upgrades, and I've got them evaluating OpenOffice now since their biggest concern is that they be able to open MSOffice documents in email attachments; all their in-house stuff is web applications that are browser neutral.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
We celebrated at Payton Place. Walter Payton to be exact. First time we've ever gone anywhere commercial for the event; in prior years we've either stayed in or gone to parties at friend's homes.

ddrueding

Fixture
New Years was not bad. Although there were 45k people in the parks, and they canceled the fireworks due to high wind, we found an open table at the vineyard in California Adventure and had champagne; the fireworks went off anyway.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I'm in Mexico. So, it's pretty costly to get internet access. $7 for an hour. We are staying at a resort, which is pretty nice, but everything is extremely expensive. The weather is nice though.

paugie

Storage is cool
just came back from a vacation. 1st time in years. with the whole family.
The Wife, 3 grown children, a nephew, a grandson and the youngest's girlfriend.
One of the foundations I am part of has a semi-resort which they use to hold youth camps in the summer. most of the time it's vacant so I wangled a few days stay.