Something Random

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Merc, what did you buy - the Kimono and the books?

Books and knitting supplies, actually. I had a hilarious conversation with someone who did not understand how someone could find her store from 1000 miles away.

I'm going to wait on the kimono; it seems forward and it turns out the place I want to buy from is a pain in the ass for international shipping.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Books and knitting supplies, actually. I had a hilarious conversation with someone who did not understand how someone could find her store from 1000 miles away.

I'm going to wait on the kimono; it seems forward and it turns out the place I want to buy from is a pain in the ass for international shipping.

See the 9 disc LOTR non extended version announced for April?

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
My flight is cancelled today due to a connection and tomorrow it probably will also be cancelled. F*ck!

Mercutio

This is for gamers with way too much money. :-o

I absolutely cannot imagine anyone with that much of an attachment to a Wii. They could have made the fucking things with Wii Boxing in ROM and not bothered to put the retardedly loud optical drive in it and it would have absolutely identical functionality.

LunarMist

I dont know about today. I think it is bullshit-related cancellation!

LunarMist

Amazon sent me an e-mail about it it six months ago when it was first announced. I'll probably buy both editions and a second set of EEs for my friend.

Cool. When are you seeing the geekette again?

LunarMist

Why does some church thousands of miles away keep sending me spam after 10 tears? I could not go there even if I wanted to do so.

LunarMist

How many posts is enough? Some have over 30K at the another forum. Should I stop at 12,000 or go forever?

ddrueding

Fixture
Sometimes I fell like nobody listens to me except here on SF.

Same here. I also feel that I can be more truthful here. In real life, everyone is either a boss, a subordinate, a student, a client, or some other critical relationship. As such, I need to maneuver and pose, always considering the angles and repercussions. Here, the lack of consequences is quite relaxing ;)

ddrueding

Fixture
So long as your employers don't read your posts. :eek: :D

I've thought about that. If they do/did, they found it on their own. As such, they can understand that the communication was not meant for/directed at them, and can come to terms with it, or not. Regardless, the opinions I voice here are honestly mine, and aren't that different (just less polished) then the ones I imply in person. Further, I haven't really said anything sensitive about the company or it's clients...until now.

I'm in the middle of writing a rather long winded e-mail to a manager, copying the boss, describing why his poor understanding towards the operation of the single piece of software that runs his entire department is not beneficial to the efficiency or up-time of his operation, and that his situation is not helped by his laziness, ignorance or condescending attitude. And that this may also explain why repair orders take a while to resolve and his employees all hate him. My first draft was much shorter ("Get fucked"), but I'm glad I decided to skip on that one, this will be much better.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
I've thought about that. If they do/did, they found it on their own. As such, they can understand that the communication was not meant for/directed at them, and can come to terms with it, or not. Regardless, the opinions I voice here are honestly mine, and aren't that different (just less polished) then the ones I imply in person. Further, I haven't really said anything sensitive about the company or it's clients...until now.

I'm in the middle of writing a rather long winded e-mail to a manager, copying the boss, describing why his poor understanding towards the operation of the single piece of software that runs his entire department is not beneficial to the efficiency or up-time of his operation, and that his situation is not helped by his laziness, ignorance or condescending attitude. And that this may also explain why repair orders take a while to resolve and his employees all hate him. My first draft was much shorter ("Get fucked"), but I'm glad I decided to skip on that one, this will be much better.

Interesting. I'm guessing you are closer to the boss than the said manager. Personally I have no time for low performers either. I would much rather be able to look at myself in the mirror each morning than work for a tard.

Mercutio

I went to an IMAX 3D showing. I think I need to see it again without the 3D, because when I took off the lenticular glasses the colors were eleventy times more vivid.

Probably 95% of what's shown on the screen is CG and I swear I sat through the whole movie completely immersed in the reality of what I was seeing.

Now all we need is to wait 10 years so we can have that as a game engine.

LunarMist

Am I the only one that would not suffer a 3D movie, especially that one? Maybe I'll see it on cable or Blueray if I have an HDTV set by 2011.

ddrueding

Fixture
Am I the only one that would not suffer a 3D movie...

What is wrong with the concept of a 3D movie? I agree that a lot is wrong with a lot of 3D movies, but that is because no one seems to have figured out how to do it right. It sounds like you are generalizing a bit more? Isn't 3D movies a logical extension of making a recorded experience more real? Just as we went from painting to photography to moving pictures to talkies to color?

LunarMist

What is wrong with the concept of a 3D movie? I agree that a lot is wrong with a lot of 3D movies, but that is because no one seems to have figured out how to do it right. It sounds like you are generalizing a bit more? Isn't 3D movies a logical extension of making a recorded experience more real? Just as we went from painting to photography to moving pictures to talkies to color?

It's sci-fi, nothing real about it. ;) And paintings are often much better than photos.