Windows 10

Queensney

What is this storage?
What is the right way to reset windows 10 login password? I forgot the one that on my old laptop

sedrosken

Florida Man
I love how Rick handled this. It showed that somewhere, he has something resembling a heart.

That said, the upgrade process is basically this. The ride never ends.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Been meaning to post this. This problem was never there in W7, and is specific to W10.

I mostly have multiple Excel files open, and most of the time, a browser window as well. In this scenario, I cannot Alt-Tab out of any Excel window; it takes two Alt-Tabs at least. I find this extremely frustrating, because I am often switching between two Excel spreadsheets, or between one and the browser. I have been using Office Pro Plus 2010 since it came out.

This does not happen in Word. Weird and extremely frustrating.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
If Windows 10th is not on the internet, does it expire or cease?

LunarMist

Not being in IT it seems to me that a computer in a locked room that is not connected to the internet is more secure than a computer with the latest OS that is connected to the internet. Is that so wrong?

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Not being in IT it seems to me that a computer in a locked room that is not connected to the internet is more secure than a computer with the latest OS that is connected to the internet. Is that so wrong?

Actually, that's very correct...

From some training I undertook many, many moons ago:

"The only secure computer is one that is locked in an EM proof/air tight safe, covered in cement, and dropped to the bottom of the ocean... And even then that may not be enough, considering your adversaries may have technology to overcome the bottom of the ocean issue".

Stereodude

Not really a
Why would you use Windows 10 for that? Windows 7 or 8.1 would be a better choice.

LunarMist

For now I will use the old Win7 5930K, but eventually an upgrade or urgent replacement will be needed.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Actually, that's very correct...

From some training I undertook many, many moons ago:

"The only secure computer is one that is locked in an EM proof/air tight safe, covered in cement, and dropped to the bottom of the ocean... And even then that may not be enough, considering your adversaries may have technology to overcome the bottom of the ocean issue".
As long as no one ever uses it, it's perfectly safe....

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!

Irans centrifuges were air gapped. Didn't stop stuxnet.

LunarMist

What do you use to create/restore disk images for Windows 10? I want to make an image from USB without actually booting the laptop computer for the first time, so it cannot be installed first. Thanks.

Stereodude

Not really a
I've found it to be pretty robust, but if you're using just released hardware the Linux kernel may not support it adequately.